Thursday 10 November 2011

Another bloody kayak blog...


So this is my blog. All about Kayaks and, yeah you guessed it, beer. Not much to say about beer, actually (I like most flavours) So it'll be mainly kayaks, kayaking and stuff of that general ilk.

So what about kayaks then? I love 'em. Fairweather touring and sightseeing, wild camping, wild water and surf. It's the sea that calls me. Leave the rivers to the likes of those that enjoy that kind of thing, I'm all about the oceans and lochs. West coast of Scotland mainly, east coast is nice but west is best.

I have two kayaks, at the mo. A glass Quest and a Capella 166 rotomoulded, both by P&H. The Quest is a good expedition boat, comfy and spacious for those week long trips into the wilderness. Cover a lot of ground in it. The plastic is a bombproof nutter, capable of going into those situations that would make the pristine glass boat pee it's skeg box.



In the four or five years I've owned the thing it's had the living shit pounded out of it on numerous occasions and it always comes out with a grin on it's face, begging for more (or maybe that's me) The bulkheads need attention on account of one two many surf sessions. That's right, I surf longboats like a goddamn viking! I'll get around to fixing them sometime and then I can post all about it here. Won't that be exciting!

My paddle is an  N12 Nordkapp by Lendal. Carbon cranked-shaft and a paddlock split. It's not so much a paddle as a detachable part of my arms. Nothing else feels quite right, even it's full carbon sibling is too stiff for my lazy-ass stroke.

Heres a video of me posing about near the shore of Loch Lomond getting photographed by a bunch of tourists. Mmmmm low brace carve turns in HD slow-mo my favourite!



And another one from Loch Lomond, jogging out round I Vow from the west shore getting hit by a little squall but not enough to get a decent run back across :(


So I just got my GoPro and now I'm itching to get out in something fun and post videos that I can watch all week at work to keep me going until I'm next on the water

No comments:

Post a Comment